NEWS ALERT // CEC has formalized Nastase's withdrawal from the presidential race
Central Electoral Commission voted the withdrawal of Andrei Nastase from the electoral campaign for post of the President of the Republic of Moldova. The decision was supported unanimously.
We remind you that Yesterday the PPDA leader submitted to the CEC the request for his withdrawal from the the presidential race after what, previously, he announced his support for Sandu Maia's candidacy for presidency.
Last week the National Political Council of PPDA decided Andrei Nastase's withdrawal from the election campaign in favor for the president of the Action and Solidarity Party, Maia Sandu.
After his withdrawal, the ballot will contain the names of 11 candidates:
1. Marian Lupu (PDM)
2. Mihai Ghimpu (PL)
3. Iurie Leancă (PPEM)
4. Inna Popenco (MSP „Ravnopravie”)
5. Dmitrie Ciubashenco (PPPN)
6. Maia Sandu (PAS)
7. Igor Dodon (PSRM)
8. Silvia Radu (independent candidate)
9. Maia Laguta (independent candidate)
10. Ana Gutu (The Right Movement)
11. Valeriu Ghiletchi (independent candidate)